ACT volunteers contribute for a long period of time (years) or short term depending on their availability. Volunteer positions are unpaid, but they are valuable for building a resume and for gaining experience. Volunteers of all ages are welcome to apply.
Step 1: Fill out an application. The application is reviewed by an ACT Staff team member.
Step 2: ACT Staff will call volunteer applicant for an interview to determine if there is an opportunity for the volunteer to engage in our work.
Step 3: Volunteers attend an orientation lead by ACT Staff each month.
Some of the volunteer opportunities we provide:
- Event Committees is a 3-6 month commitment, typically evening meetings weekly or bi-weekly until the event is completed.
- Canvassing or Phone Banking is a one-time volunteer opportunity or can be done many times depending on availability. Volunteers are needed during campaigns for ACT’s Integrated Voter Engagement work. ACT hosts 3-4 campaigns annually. Volunteer shifts are typically 3-4 hours on evenings or weekends.
- Office Support is needed during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 9am-5pm daily. Volunteers support administrative and project tasks in the office. Volunteers shifts are typically done weekly or bi-weekly depending on the volunteer’s schedule.
- Outreach is an intermittent way to get involved with ACT to participate in tabling at events or supporting ACT’s campaigns such as Don’t Let a Hot Date Turn Into a Due Date. Volunteers are called upon as needed.
Internships and Fellowships
Interns and Fellows typically participate with ACT to further their activist skills or for educational/workforce development.
There are often set time limits on the internships, i.e. 3-9 months. Intern and Fellowship inquires should be made through email at email@example.com
Join our Board of Directors
ACT's Board of Director's is a way to provide leadership and get involved with the reproductive justice movement.
Board terms are 3 years. Inquires should be made through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Participate in a Program
ACT hosts programs throughout the year.
For specific details please see our Programs page. Typically time commitments for program involvement are 6-9 months. Programs offered:
- RJ Collective
- Integrated Voter Engagment Campaigns
- Pop-Up Events
- EZE Boxes Assembly and Distribution